Jeffrey Furticella is a photography editor and visual journalist at The New York Times.
He has more than ten years experience across digital and print platforms for The New
York Times, The Associated Press, Sporting News Magazine and The Times of Northwest
He was awarded Visual Editor of the Year by Pictures of the Year International in both 2019
and 2020 and also named Visual Editor of the Year in 2019 and Digital Editor of the Year
in 2020 by NPPA Best of Photojournalism.
Jeffrey resides in New York with his wife Chelsea and dog Hank.
Reviews and Juries
• New York Portfolio Review Reviewer, New York | 2016—2019
• Eddie Adams Workshop Reviewer, Jeffersonville, N.Y. | 2016—2019
• ASMP Portfolio Review Reviewer, New York | 2019
• Women Photograph Reviewer, New York | 2018
• Photoville The Fence Jury, New York | 2018
• Visa Pour l’Image Reviewer, Perpignan, France | 2017
• PhotoPlus Reviewer, New York | 2015
• The New York Times “Representation Through Visual Storytelling,” New York | 2019
• Eddie Adams Workshop Photo Editor panel, New York | 2019
• PDN EDU “Ask a Photo Editor Q&A,” New York | 2019
• PhotoPlus “Building a Website with Photo Editors in Mind,” New York | 2018
• PhotoShelter "What Photo Editors Want From Photographers," New York | 2017