Jeffrey Furticella is a photography editor and visual journalist at The New York Times.
He has more than ten years experience across digital and print platforms for The New
York Times, The Associated Press, Sporting News Magazine and The Times of Northwest
He was awarded Visual Editor of the Year by Pictures of the Year International in 2019,
2020 and 2021 and was also named Newspaper Visual Editor of the Year in 2019 and
Digital Editor of the Year in 2020 by NPPA Best of Photojournalism.
His project on New York City block parties was a 2020 News & Documentary Emmy
Awards nominee in Outstanding New Approaches: Arts, Lifestyle and Culture.
Reviews and Juries
• New York Portfolio Review Reviewer, New York | 2016—2021
• Visa Pour l’Image Reviewer, Perpignan, France | 2017, 2020
• Newswomen's Club of New York Juror, New York | 2019, 2020
• Eddie Adams Workshop Reviewer, Jeffersonville, N.Y. | 2016—2020
• ASMP Portfolio Review Reviewer, New York | 2019
• Women Photograph Reviewer, New York | 2018
• Photoville The Fence Juror, New York | 2018
• PhotoPlus Reviewer, New York | 2015
• The New York Times “Representation Through Visual Storytelling,” New York | 2019
• Eddie Adams Workshop Photo Editor panel, New York | 2019
• PDN EDU “Ask a Photo Editor Q&A,” New York | 2019
• PhotoPlus “Building a Website with Photo Editors in Mind,” New York | 2018
• PhotoShelter "What Photo Editors Want From Photographers," New York | 2017