Jeffrey Furticella is a photography editor and visual journalist at The New York Times.
He has more than ten years experience across digital and print platforms for The New
York Times, The Associated Press, Sporting News Magazine and The Times of Northwest
He was awarded Visual Editor of the Year by Pictures of the Year International in 2019,
2020 and 2021 and was also named Newspaper Visual Editor of the Year in 2019 and
Digital Editor of the Year in 2020 by NPPA Best of Photojournalism.
And his work has twice been nominated by the News & Documentary Emmy Awards for
Outstanding Interactive Media: Arts, Lifestyle and Culture —
"The New York City of Our Imagination" in 2021 and "Welcome to the New York City Block Party" in 2020.
Reviews and Juries
• New York Portfolio Review Reviewer | 2016—2021
• Eddie Adams Workshop Reviewer, Jeffersonville, N.Y. | 2016—2020
• Newswomen's Club of New York Juror | 2019, 2020
• Visa Pour l’Image Reviewer, Perpignan, France | 2017, 2020
• Women Photograph Reviewer, New York | 2018
• Photoville The Fence Juror, New York | 2018
• Northern Short Course "The Importance of the Photographer-Editor Relationship" | 2021
• The New York Times “Representation Through Visual Storytelling,” New York | 2019
• Eddie Adams Workshop Photo Editor panel, Jeffersonville, N.Y. | 2019
• PDN EDU “Ask a Photo Editor Q&A,” New York | 2019
• PhotoPlus “Building a Website with Photo Editors in Mind,” New York | 2018
• PhotoShelter "What Photo Editors Want From Photographers," New York | 2017