Jeffrey Furticella is a photography editor and visual journalist at The New York Times.
He has more than ten years experience across digital and print platforms for The New
York Times, The Associated Press, Sporting News Magazine and The Times of Northwest
He was named 2019 Visual Editor of the Year by Pictures of the Year International
and NPPA Best of Photojournalism.
Jeffrey resides in New York with his wife Chelsea and dog Hank.
Reviews and Juries
• New York Portfolio Review Reviewer, New York | 2016—2019
• Eddie Adams Workshop Reviewer, Jeffersonville, N.Y. | 2016—2019
• Women Photograph Reviewer, New York | 2018
• Photoville The Fence Jury, New York | 2018
• Visa Pour l’Image Reviewer, Perpignan, France | 2017
• PhotoPlus Reviewer, New York | 2015
• PDN EDU “Ask a Photo Editor Q&A,” New York | 2019
• PhotoPlus “Building a Website with Photo Editors in Mind,” New York | 2018
• PhotoShelter "What Photo Editors Want From Photographers," New York | 2017